Over 135 Years of History
Southcott Pty Ltd was founded in Adelaide in 1886 as a general engineering business by two brothers, James and Albert Southcott. The brothers secured their place in Australian industrial history with their early accomplishments in the design and manufacturing of the ACME water cooler, saddle-stitching machine for the Australian Light Horse Military and stamp perforation machine for Australia Post.
The company’s involvement in hydraulics began in 1954 with the design and development of axial piston pumps and motors. Hydraulics became the new basis of the Southcott business.
Over a century later, the company remains 100% Australian-owned by the Southcott family and is committed to continuing its success in designing and manufacturing innovative products and machinery.